I’ve been lingering in the “favor” of 2020! I finally see it and it all points to God. Globally, it is hard to avoid the effects of 2020. So how do I see an abundance of favor? Because God is alive and has provided the eyes to see it if we choose to look.
Check this out – viewing a global population/community gives us greater perspective.
This is from an unknown source who provided a list to a pastor called “BLESSED”…
- we are blessed – if you own 1 Bible, 1/3 of the world does not even have access to one
- we are blessed – if you awoke with more health than illness – you are more blessed than the million that will not survive this week
- we are blessed – if you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people around the world today
- we are blessed – if you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest torture, or death, you are blessed more than almost 3 billion people in our world
- we are blessed – if you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and a place to sleep tonight, you are richer than 75% of this world
- we are blessed – if you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change rattling in a dish or a pocket, you are amongst the top 8% of the worlds most wealthy
- we are blessed – if your parents are living and still married, you are very rare, even in the United States
- if you can read this message, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world who cannot read at all
- we are blessed – if you believe in the Lord Jesus as the Son of God, you are part of a very small minority of the world and most blessed
Wowsa, we are blessed.
I may have wondered if I could always get food during 2020 but I not only had food, I was able to continue to obtain my healthy food. Blessed in abundance.
I may have wondered if I could always get toilet paper and bottled water and had to be more diligent in getting them, but I always had them. Blessed in abundance.
Something very specific to me, after about 7 years in bed from intense chronic illness, a deathbed experience that lingered, isolation, loneliness, exhaustion, not able to work, tremendous loss in every manner, etc. THIS is how I perceive my 2020…
- HOW could I possibly finish healing during such a troublesome year – I DID – God allowed my body to finish healing and I was blessed in awesome abundance.
- HOW could I possibly find any work to do from home in the year 2020 with a pandemic – God provided a global platform for many to go “virtual” and make some money. I will make enough to pay off the dental and oral surgery bills from 2020!!!
- WHO would possibly be around to be a friend, provide an outlet for crazy isolation during intense chronic illness for 7 years – God provided a new lady friend that has stuck by my side through the last 15 months. She lives in another state and has her own family yet has been faithful to this new friendship. God blessed me in abundance, may I never take her for granted!
- WHAT would possibly be my outlet for mothering when I no longer have children? God provided clients in abundance for me to use the talents God gave me with health-coaching and mothering!!
And on the list goes.
Personally, my life has amazingly shifted during 2020 during a globally difficult year. At this point, no one can tell me there has not been tremendous abundance this last year. The favor has been there. To me, it is obvious that regardless of the craziness of the year, God IS providing. Jesus’ light is shining brightly, it is NOT hidden. It’s obvious when our eyes are open to seeing it.
Lord, thank you for your abundance in 2020. I am sincerely grateful for the favor you have shown, you have given in love, you have provided in abundance. Cover those who have lost loved ones in 2020 with your peace and eternal salvation for those you will. Sweet Jesus, remain at our sides while we face 2021 with a heart’s desire to grow in our relationship with you, not get sucked into this world. Help me be open to anything that is in your will for 2021. Everything is about you, dear Jesus.